Saturday, May 17, 2014

Etsy Bio for About Page



I love the creative process. My head is filled with quilts that I want to make, and making a quilt generates even more. I've made hundreds of quilts and have never used a pattern. I want to be surprised when I view the finished quilt.

Vintage quilts are a rich source of inspiration for me. I design as I go, working quickly and intuitively. I like to improvise. I often add surprises to my quilts, for example hiding a little ice skate image for the viewer to discover. Each quilt is unique; I never make the same one twice.

I made my first quilt when I was 13 years old, using fabric scraps from making clothing.  Thanks to my mom I enjoy sewing, knitting, crochet, and embroidery, but quilting is my favorite.

My quilt studio is filled with fabrics, tools, embellishments, a design wall, music and books. There are windows and a big porch overlooking the woods. And a sofa for visitors.

I also enjoy encouraging other quilters. My patterns offer an easy, no-stress approach to quilting that will delight new and experienced quilters alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment